23.11.12

Thankful for a Thanksgiving Family Day

The last two months have been incredibly busy at work, especially in my department in preparation for our peak sales time. The time between Black Friday through Christmas, and really beyond that into January and February, is when my company does most of our business for the year. Therefore, the IT department strives to "freeze" our code during this time and refrain from making changes so that it lowers the risk of breaking key functionality.

Sitting in Starbucks this morning doing homework was incredibly relaxing and I'm really thankful to have the time to do it. Putting in extra hours at work, getting called during school for work related issues and getting up incredibly early for production releases has been taking its toll on me so to finally have a lazy morning is a welcome relief. Looking forward to the many changes that are in the works in the weeks and months to come to get our practices back in order at work.

This afternoon, my sister in law Slaya and brother in law Baruch came to hang out. Baruch really just came for coffee but we liked his company. After Baruch left, Slaya and I took the girls to the park. Yaeli had a blast running around between the slides, swings and the firetruck. She impressed me yet again with her problem solving skills. She wanted to swing on the regular swings instead of the special little kids ones. Then she fell off and started crying and insisted that she wanted to go on the little kid swings. So smart. I had a really good time chatting with Slaya. She really is like my sister I never had and when we get a chance to really talk it's always enjoyable.

Tonight, after the little ones are asleep, Rivkah and I have a romantic turkey dinner planned. We got a beautiful set of tapers from the candle factor in Tsfas this summer and haven't had a chance to use them yet. It will be our first dinner date in a few months and I'm really looking forward to it.

And of course, Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete if it wasn't capped off with some football. Patriots vs. Jets tonight. I think I'll be siding with New York tonight but I'm pretty sure they'll get destroyed.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm so thankful for my wonderful family and for having all of you to share these stories with.

No comments:

Post a Comment