7.11.12

Elections 2012

Today was Election Day. President Barack Obama vs. Senator Mitt Romney. As usual, we haven't stopped hearing about the upcoming election for the last 10 months or so. I'm glad it's just about over and we can all move on with our lives.

When I went to vote today I intentionally left the Presidential selection blank. I'm really underwhelmed by both candidates and, as my vote would have been a lesser of two evils type of vote, I just voted no to both.

I realized something interesting a few weeks ago. Yaeli was born on November 11, 2010. Which means that she will be turning 18 on November 11, 2028. 2028 is a Presidential election year, and the election will be on November 7, 2028. She'll have to wait another 4 years to vote in a Presidential election. Poor girl. Won't have to deal with all of this until she's 22. Of course, she'll hopefully be voting with an absentee ballot anyway.

Looking forward to finding out who will be leading our country for the next 4 years. I'm pretty ok with either choice.

יום בחירות טוב

No comments:

Post a Comment