18.11.12

A Letter to my Two Year Old

Dear Yaeli,

Today is your second Hebrew birthday. You are two years old now. Congratulations, we made it! I feel privileged to be your Totti and I absolutely love getting to know you better and better every day.

Thank you so much for enriching my life. You are the one who made me a father and I absolutely love fatherhood. I am so grateful for your zest for life and excitement. I may get tired out from it but I am so thankful that you have that excitement.

I want you to know that I love you so very much. I love when you wake up in the morning and call to me to take you out of bed. I love having breakfast with you and getting to spend the early morning together. I hate having to go to work and not see you all day long. I really hate when I have school and can't see you at night before you go to bed. I love that you and your Papa have a super special relationship. You two are the best of friends and, while I had and have a good relationship with my grandparents, I never had what you have. I love putting you to bed at night and saying Shema with you. And my favorite time is the weekend, when I get to go to shul with you. I love that the most.

I am looking forward to seeing your growth from here. You have already mastered so many skills and you can only go up from here. The amazing ride of life is ahead and you are just getting started. And now you have a little sister to share with. You two are already so happy together. I hope you stay close for the rest of your lives.

It is said that a picture speaks 1000 words. Please enjoy the 31,000 words below that show off your amazing growth the past two years, wonderfully highlighting your unique personality, individuality, spunkiness and happiness.

I love you so much.

Love,
Totti
































2 comments:

  1. Her smile makes me so happy. I cant even pick a fav photo, altho either the one of her and R sleeping or her on her toy phone in the stroller are top contenders...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need help deciding, she's not on a toy phone, she was on Rivkah's phone talking to Papa (her grandfather). We were on our way to Israel and she missed him and asked if she could call.

    ReplyDelete