21.1.13

My First Solo Trip

Since the day of my wedding three and a half years ago, Rivkah and I have had the amazing fortune of never spending a night apart. Not one single night. My spiritual mentor had told me when I got married that it's very important to not spend a night apart in the first year of marriage. Since then we've worked really hard to schedule all of our trips together and turn down opportunities that would have separated us.

Tonight that changes. Tonight I leave behind my wife and daughters and travel to New York for the wedding of one of my best friends. Tonight, the streak ends, and my heart is breaking. I'm nervous, scared. How am I going to sleep these next two nights? Are Rivkah and the kids ok? All in all, Oy.

To make matters worse, I'm not going to be able to build up much of a streak when I get back again. In April my company is sending me to Toronto for 5 days for a conference. I'm thrilled about the conference but if these 2 days are scaring me, what will 5 days be like? I don't like it, not one bit.

I guess all I can do is a. pray for the strength to get through this, and b. thank G-d that I have such a wonderful marriage that, after 3 and a half years spending every night together, spending two nights apart is a nightmare to think about and not a welcome break.

I love you Rivkah. I'll miss you girls. Don't worry, I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment