6.8.10

Our First Car!

So, here is how it all went down, because it happened really quickly. On Wednesday, my co-worker and good friend Bryan told me about a friend of his selling a car. I was interested as we have been looking for a car to purchase for a while now. We have been iffy about being able to buy one but when Bryan told me about this one I had a feeling we had found our car.

I called the Rik and told her what I had learned and she told me to call the owner and get some more information. I called the owner and found out more about the car and everything he told me seemed to be exactly what we had been looking for. 4 doors, check. AC, check. Small, check. Low mileage, check. Low price tag, check.


That night I went to test drive the car and I really liked it. It drove nicely. It was raining out and the car handled really well. The wipers worked great and no water was leaking in. Well, we got back to his garage and we spoke about pricing and stuff. Then he drove me home.


Rik and I talked it over that night and decided that this was an opportunity that we couldn't pass up. At the moment we can't really afford to insure and register it so we decided that we will just buy it and keep it behind her parent's house for now until a time that we can pay to use it.


Yesterday, I called the owner and told him that we were going to buy it. I asked my manager for permission to leave work for a few hours and she said it was fine. I left work at 10:00 and went straight to the bank. Had a banks check made out to him and then met him at my in-laws. We parked the car in the back and took off the plate. It read "DAY-3930" in case you were curious. From there we went down to AAA and transfered the title to my name. After that I took him home and that was it. Not even three hours. I was back at work at 12:45.


So, Rik and I are now the proud owners of a 1997 Honda Civic EX 4 door sedan. It has 66,841 miles. Power windows. Power locks. AC/heat. A sunroof. Fabric interior (which we preferred, hate those leather seats in the summer). Everything we really needed in a car is in it. Now all it needs is an HD radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment