16.7.14

Bugs and Bombs

BUGS!!! The mosquitoes are eating me alive! We've now been here in Israel for a little over 2 weeks and I've sustained many many mosquito bites. Too many to count. I'm convinced that they are Muslim mosquitoes as they prey five times a day. The worst I've had so far are about 5 on the bottom of my feet, making it incredibly annoying and painful to walk on.

In other news, BOMBS are exploding all around us. We've lost track of how many times we've heard the air raid sirens, but it's probably over 10 at this point. I know that is very few times compared to our brethren to the south, but it's been plenty. Thanks to the #AhrnDome though there haven't been any casualties here in the merkaz. While we run for our bomb shelter each time the Tzeva Adom sounds, it's not really out of fear of a rocket exploding nearby as much as making sure we don't get hit by falling rocket shrapnel after the rocket is shot down out of the air. Seriously, the Iron Dome technology blows my mind and makes people here feel so safe and secure.

That's all for now. Oh, I'm going to be playing ice hockey tonight! It's SUPER expensive to play here but TOTALLY worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment