28.10.12

Unfortunate Milestones; Lessons Learned

We hit an unfortunate milestone this week. Yaeli picked up the "F" word. She looked up at Rivkah and said "F*ck it! That's rude". At least she knows it's rude.

This has been another reminder of how careful I have to be around her with what I say or do. It's also a good reminder that she's not the only one watching me; the only one who sees things I do or hears things I say. Working in an environment with people who are almost all not Jewish, I am the example they see of how a Jew conducts himself. It would do me well to keep this in mind. Co-workers ask me all the time about things relating to my religion and, while I am more than willing to answer their questions, It's always good to have something that reminds me again.

I guess this is another reason I can't wait to live in Israel. This is not to say I won't act appropriately when I live there. I'm just saying that It would be nice to no longer live under a microscope.

לילה טוב

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to add that I don't think she picked it up from me. I rarely say that word and definitely not in front of her. Still trying to catch the culprit.

    ReplyDelete