8.10.10

I Got a New Job, and Other Stories

Dear readers out in readerland,
I was offered a permanent position as a quality assurance analyst in a company here in Pittsburgh. With Ike's arrival coming within the next month or so this makes me greatly excited. This is my first "real" job. By that I mean that it's my first 8-hour-a-day, 40-hour-a-week, benefitted, 401k'ing, etc. job. For more information about the company you can look it up here.

So, the other stories. I got accepted to Point Park University to continue my education in the pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree. This is very exciting for me because I am going to be graduating in December with my Associates Degree after ___ years at the Community College. I didn't think I would have it in me to keep going to school after being in school for so long. Apparently I did. This brings us to story number three (which then leads into number 4).


Story number three is actually sort of attached to number 1. My new job is located about a 25-30 minute drive away from my apartment in Squirrel Hill in a town called Murrysville. It's also about 35-50 minute drive from my new school.


Story number four: We need to buy a second car already. You see, Ladies and Gentlemen, Rivkah's job recently moved out of Squirrel Hill as well. So, for the past week she has been driving Xavier to work. And since we can't carpool (she works in a different direction, I have to go to school from work, etc.) we need to own two cars. At least we 1) believe we have found one and 2) have jobs that can support two cars.


Speaking of Xavier, I took a picture of the new license plate I bought for him:

Let me know what you think. Rivkah said that for mine I can get one that says "ME GOOSE". I think it will fit very nicely.

I think that is enough for today. My hands are getting tired. If I think of anything else...


WAIT! STOP THE PRESS! 


I just wanted to let you know that I think I'm going to name my car..."Evander Car".


...I will just have to post again. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment