2.1.14

Bringing In 2014

Another year has come and gone. (Cliche, I know, but deal with it).

This year was the third time Rivkah and I went to First Night Pittsburgh. We went with our friends Scott and Dawn.

The night started off at the Byham theater to see the River City Brass Band. They were excellent. Their conductor is really funny. He wears a kilt and basically cracks jokes the whole time. All in all it was a really good show.

Next we headed over the the Fairmont hotel for some adult beverages (as I do not imbibe in alcohol I got a coffee). Whilst there I saw Marc-Andre Fleury, the goalie for the Pittsburgh Penguins, and tried chasing him down to wish him a happy new year. He didn't seem to hear me and hotel security told me off after that.

Afterwards we headed over to my friends bookstore called Amazing Books, a really cool used bookstore on Liberty Ave. We spent almost an hour there talking to him, and Rivkah got to chat with Dawn for a bit.

We left the bookstore and headed over the Arcade Comedy Theater for some improv comedy. We only had two tickets but Dawn and Scott were allowed to jump the long standby line and join us, sans tickets. The show was really good and we are planning on going to see them again. Good, live comedy isn't easy to come by here in Pittsburgh.

Crazy Mocha was next on our agenda, where we picked up some coffees and then we headed over to the 2013 countdown to the new year. We got a ride on these bike-taxis and goofed around a bit while we waited for midnight.

For some reason the ball in Pittsburgh gets raised at New Years, so as the clock struck midnight we sort of asked ourselves that. I think it's a ritual at this point to comment on how silly that is.

All in all, it was probably my favorite New Years. Great friends, great entertainment. Here's hoping 2014 turns into a really great year.

Happy new year y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment